Katniss Everdeen

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Read the "Hunger Games" trilogy recently... Really enjoyed some of the characters found there-within, but found the tone of the books made quite an impact. She started as a fanart of the main character, but ended up morphing into something else as I began trying to depict the tone of the character more than follow the verbatim description.

Of course, I also bought a J.W. Waterhouse book recently so I must say the color palette and some aesthetic choices are a response to my LOVE for his work :).

5 comments:

Esther Morales said...

Beautiful! I specially like the feet, such a difficult part of the body and you did them so well!

Elaine Chen said...

I agree! I especially love the feet as well. The color choice is just lovely too!

Jeffry Mazon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffry Samarita Mazon said...

This is really pretty! I love the colors and mood of the piece. I just finished the trilogy as well and am stoked to do some fan art! Great work as always!

MandrilL said...

Too much quality and variety, I have totally fall in love in your work for Bastion, but I see more styles here and all are awesome!