Evening Doodles

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Brother's Grimm "Frog Prince; or Iron Henry" is...a pretty dark story!? I recently downloaded the Kindle version of the Brother's Grimm fairytale collection fully intending to read the original tale of Snow White... to my surprise the book has about 200 fairytales (awesome!) which immediately inspired me to start on a little backburner project... I start with Chapter one: "The Frog Prince"; and hope to draw my way through the fairytales with as loose and crazy an interpretation as I feel like. AWESOME. Let's see how far I get!

The Frog Prince was a two-evening adventure ;D. I was pretty surprised because as far as I could tell, the fairytale was teaching us to lie, be spoiled and violent in order to become rich, powerful and famous... I guess the Brothers Grimm were not far off! Kissing the frog has nothing to do with the original story...go figure!


8 comments:

Esther Morales said...

Amazing!! I can't wait to see the rest of the tales illustrated! Great work!

Max Gon said...

fricken dig it

Aseph ( as-if ) :-) said...

Pretty awesome! Yeap no surprise that the stories of today have little to do with the original stories they were loosely based off of.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

m.j. Nuñez said...

Wooow..!! Muy buen blog, tienes trabajos geniales..!

Saludos..!

Erin said...

I love how you execute your ideas... this is amazinggggg!

Unknown said...

Great post!

Lars Otterclou said...

fantastique! love your work :)

Anonymous said...

Ahаа, іts fastidiouѕ discusѕiοn сoncernіng
thiѕ article hегe аt thіs weblog, I hаve rеаd all that,
so now me аlѕo сοmmеntіng
herе.

Take a look at my web blοg; abrir cuenta facebook