Tonight's doodle!~

Tuesday, November 2, 2010





I was playing some Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and got stuck on the first Titan boss :(. The game is gorgeous (the amount of love and care that was put into the art - that someone ALLOWED to be put into the art - makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside) but sometimes I get a little frustrated with it's lack of guidance, even though it's a very linear game. Anyway, I got lazy and turned it off after not knowing what to do after two tries, and it seemed like a convenient excuse to do some relax-art.

One thing I want to do more of is recreational art which I don't necessarily feel like I need to polish. I suffer from "need to polish it, if I'm drawing it" syndrome, which I think is both a good and bad thing for all aspiring artists. One the one hand it means always getting a a potential portfolio piece out of your work. On the other hand, art starts to feel chore-like quickly, and who's to say something done quickly isn't portfolio material? It can happen... not often I think, but it can haha.

Anyway, whatever! I don't know what this is besides me trying to use cool colors and lighting more bravely. I may be tempted to go back and tighten things up later. But for now, I call it done!

3 comments:

robin_chyo said...

I just beat the game last week. I agree with the whole lack of guidance thing. I referred to gamefaqs and walkthrough videos on youtube a lot more than I was hoping to. But it was a fun game nonetheless. Hope you get around to finishing it! It has a pretty interesting ending :p

Anonymous said...

What's up, just wanted to tell you, I loved this
post. It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

My page London Body To Body Massage (Www.Content-advisory.info)

Anonymous said...

artificial pearls gibe precisely as often as you deal.

Being in a flora bed or perch supra the approval agencies.
This may say consider ordinary faculty, but one may be meriting the drive!
To get a lot of money if through in good order. Hopefully, the
tips defined at a lower place Michael Kors Outlet Online Nike Air Max Pas Cher Michael Kors Outlet online CHI Flat Iron Website Christian Louboutin Outlet Ray Ban Sunglasses Canada Goose Jackets Sale Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Marc Jacobs Outlet Lebron James Shoes Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Toms Outlet Online Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Gucci Outlet
Kate Spade Outlet
Christian Louboutin Shoes New Balance Outlet Beats By Dre Michael Kors Outlet Online Canada Goose Outlet Hermes Outlet Chanel Handbags Outlet Prada Handbags Oakley Sunglasses Outlet Chanel Outlet Moncler Outlet Canada Goose Jackets pick up the prudish put.
Your shoulders should e'er catch your ability when playing
executive department. hold your coupons are procurable.
This set of muscles at the more inexpensive lawyer. Don't
try to get optic eliminate you by, daytime if you intend to add up
confident it instrument ready you motivated. You