Holy Warrior Thang

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ok... I finally slogged through my blog and fixed as much as I could... unfortunately certain "in progress" shots are gone forever, since I don't make a habit of keeping those on my hard drives :(. I shall resurrect both this blog, and a TUMBLR account(!) from the ashes of fiery destruction! Thanks for sticking with me guys... I truly appreciate it!


Been in a bit of an art slump lately. Likely culprit is simply not drawing enough for pleasure/personal edification. Here's a quick one I started at last NOVEMBER's Massive Black workshop in San Francisco (!?..jeez...has it really been that long?). I had only a tablet PC; who's color accuracy is extremely questionable, so the black and white sketch is what I began with. Brought it onto my main rig and went at it with color!  Some kind of...holy warrior person!



Sketch from Tablet PC

7 comments:

Janderson said...

Thanks for coming back! :)

rLĂ©Jean said...

Boss! Great to see some more personal works from you. now...I WANNA DRAAAAAAWW!!

Elaine Chen said...

The lighting is beauutiful! The armour seems just a biiiit awkward, but beautiful nontheless!

klamp said...

Awesome stuff. I really like the color you added in the shadow areas, in particular.

Mateo said...

Great piece, I wonder wich tablet & software u use?

Mateo said...

Great piece, I wonder wich tablet & software u use?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.